Today buying a car or two-wheeler is no big deal, but its maintenance cost, the fuel expenses, EMIs and the insurance part is. Considering this, a range of insurance companies offer you the best of deals. Moreover, if you could add on few features for car insurance, you are much sorted and tension free. Click here to more about Add On for car insurance.
Top Simple Add-ons for Car Insurance
Let us look at what are the add-ons for car insurance, mostly all the add-ons are applicable for cars less than 5 years old:
- Personal Accident Cover-The owner driver with valid driving license gets a 100% claim if there is death or irreparable damages. However, owner of multiple cars can get personal accident add-on features for only one car. You can be covered up to 8 lacs against risks of assault or any other accidental injury leading to death/ permanent or partial disability.
- NCB-No-claim bonus protection, an add-on for those who haven’t claimed their insurance throughout the year. This add-on offers up to 50% discount (maximum discount). It certainly lowers the premium for the following year. NCB helps you preserve the discount available for the forthcoming year’s premium, thus allowing you to retain your accumulated no-claim bonus even if there is a claim.
- Zero Depreciation-In zero depreciation, the policyholder gets a complete claim on the value of the replaced parts. Insurers don’t pay full price to replace old car parts. They take depreciation into account. It is a feature where on an accident and replacing the parts of the vehicle, the insurer covers the entire cost without considering vehicle’s depreciation. It’s a smooth way of claim settlement.
- Speedy Roadside Assistance– You get 24/7 service in case of your vehicle breaks down in the middle of the road. Services like refueling, change of flat tyre, towing, arranging for mechanics, battery related, phone assistance, alternate transport arrangement, spare key arrangements, minor repairing or even on serious accident issues. It benefits you from getting panicked and being helpless during emergency.
- Accident Coverage for Car Passengers– It provides compensation to the passengers insured in case of death or partial disabilities or permanent disability in an accident.
- Insurance at Manufacturer’s Selling Price– Whether car insurance or two-wheeler insurance, this feature is available for all. Here the sum insured for the add-on shall be the difference between the IDV and the selling price by the manufacturer.
- Wider PA Benefit– Under this add-on for car, the sum insured is apart from the restricted compulsory personal accident cover for owner driver. An amount up to 10 lacs is insured on any bodily injury leading to death, partial or permanent disability.
- Key Replacement Add-on– Applicable only for private cars and covers the cost or the labor charges to replace the locks and keys if the car had to be broken or was stolen.
- Return to Invoice Value-The IDV (insured declared value) of the car will be taken as the